Spectrum HIPS–X is a consumable support material designed for additive manufacturing with the FDM/FFF technology. It is usually used as support for components manufactured with ABS, where HIPS-X supports are dissolved in the citric acid solution (D–Limonene) upon completion of the manufacturing process. Further, you can use Spectrum HIPS–X as a base material for the manufacturing of components which are required to have a reduced processing shrinkage as compared to ABS. The material shows a high impact and compression resistance. It also enables you to obtain matte surfaces with a reduced layer visibility. Much like ABS, HIPS-X allows for mechanical treatments such as grinding, turning, milling etc. The low hardness of printed items makes it easy to separate material sections with sharp tools.
- improved aesthetic qualities with the matte surfaces of the printed items
- lower shrinkage rate than classic ABS
- possibility of mechanical treatment (drilling, turning, milling or grinding)
- high impact resistance
- energy absorption and dissipation capabilities
- good for large prints
- fully soluble in D-Limonene
- Support material for ABS
- Industrial applications which require impact resistant components or components with a capability for partial energy dissipation
- Concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products
Filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product packed in the original, folied Spectrum Filaments packaging.
|Hot pad temperature:|
external diameter – 20cm, internal diameter. 5,2cm, width. 6,7cm