Filament Spectrum Carbon PLA
Improved hardness and rigidity
PLA Carbon is a modified, PLA-based filament blended with carbon fibers which contributes to a considerably higher rigidity, hardness and tensile resistance, while retaining low shrinkage and very good adhesion to build platforms typical for the pure PLA. The 10% addition of carbon fibre enables you to obtain matte surfaces of printed items, which greatly improves the aesthetic properties of printed items.
Tip: Due to the essential content of carbon fiber, it is recommended to use nozzles with diameters exceeding the standard value of 0.4mm. The presence of carbon fibre may also cause the wear of brass nozzle, thus it is recommended to use stainless steel nozzles for prolonged application of Spectrum Carbon PLA.
- improved hardness and rigidity as compared to the pure PLA
- higher plasticisation temperature
- improved abrasion resistance
- much higher compression resistance
- good mechanical properties
- high aesthetic, matte surface quality
- no shrinkage after cooling
VERIFY YOUR SPOOL – the most precise quality control system on the market
Filament for 3D printers is manufactured by the method of free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult processing techniques by extrusion, due to the particularly large impact of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization.
During the production each 1mm of Spectrum Filament is being continuously measured in 2 axis with ±0.8µm accuracy, what allows to obtain a high-quality final product. As a proof of this, Spectrum Filaments has introduced, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, the possibility of presenting online, individually for each manufactured spool:
- the course of diameter on the entire length of the spool,
- mean diameter,
- standard deviation.
Precise survey guarantees that Spectrum Filaments products meet rigorous market requirements.
- items which need to be very rigid and hard while maintaining dimensional accuracy
- manufacturing of spacer components subject to static compressive loads
- concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products
- ornamental parts (aesthetic properties)
- external structural components which emphasise the product
Filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product packed in the original, folied Spectrum Filaments packaging.
|Verify your spool - preview of the diameter course of the entire spool:|
|Hot pad temperature:|
|Spool outer diameter:|
|Spool inner diameter:|
Physical & termal properties of raw material
|Heat Distortion Temperature:|
|Tensile elongation at break:|
0.5% (ISO 527 (1))
|Tensile Strength at Break:|
65 MPa (ISO 527 (1))
|Charpy impact strength:|
55 kJ/m2 (unnotched at 23°C, ISO 179-1eU),
8 kJ/m2 (notched at 23°C, ISO 179-1eA)
12500 MPa (ISO 527 (1))