Filament Spectrum PA6 GK10
High temperature polyamide filled with glass micro-spheres
Filament Spectrum PA6 GK10 is a new, high-temperature PA6-based construction material in natural colour. Filled with hollow glass spheres, it is stiffer and lighter than the polyamide the material is based on. Its specific property is a low impact of moisture, high temperature resistance and good electrical insulation properties as compared to unmodified PA6 or PA66. In addition, Spectrum PA6 GK10 features a low linear shrinkage (up to 0.3-0.5%).
Spectrum PA6 GK10 has similar thermal properties as the carbon fibre (CF) version, while being an electrical insulator. The material is not as abrasive to nozzles as carbon fibre (CF) version and is much lighter than pure polyamide, so it can reduce the weight of the final print.
To attain the very attractive properties of Spectrum PA6 GK10, as regards the technical aspects, you need to follow the basic storage rules for such materials (in a dry and dark place with humidity below 15%). To obtain the best parameters of the printed object possible, it is recommended to dry the material prior to work.
- high temperature up to 160°C for short-time operation (max. 200h)
- high temperature up to 120°C for long-time operation (20.000h)
- heat distortion temperature – HDT A 90°C (ISO 75)
- water absorption below 0.3% (23°C / 24h)
- high creep resistance
- high hardness and rigidity of the printed items
- chemical resistance to lubricants and oils
- a wide range of applications
- very robust interlayer lamination
- high impact resistance
- a relatively high resistance to thermal ageing
VERIFY YOUR SPOOL – the most precise quality control system on the market
Filament for 3D printers is manufactured by the method of free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult processing techniques by extrusion, due to the particularly large impact of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization.
During the production each 1mm of Spectrum Filament is being continuously measured in 2 axis with ±0.8µm accuracy, what allows to obtain a high-quality final product. As a proof of this, Spectrum Filaments has introduced, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, the possibility of presenting online, individually for each manufactured spool:
- the course of diameter on the entire length of the spool,
- mean diameter,
- standard deviation.
Precise survey guarantees that Spectrum Filaments products meet rigorous market requirements.
- end-use parts
- functional prototyping
- industrial modelling
- production of slide bearings, gear wheels and racks, sweep-off gears and guide rolls operated in elevated temperatures up to 120°C on a prolonged basis and up to 160°C on a short-time basis
- all types of ring and plate seals with an increased chemical and corrosion resistance
Filament wound on a transparent PC spool. The spool contains information about the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Each reel is packed in aluminium vacuum bag with ZIP lock with a silica gel inside.
To attain the very attractive properties of PA6 GK10, as regards the technical aspects, you need to follow the basic storage rules for such materials (in a dry and dark place with humidity below 15%). To obtain the best parameters of the printed object possible, it is recommended to dry the material prior to work.