Filament Spectrum PLA Tough
Tough like ABS, easy to print like PLA
Spectrum PLA Tough is a specially modified consumable material for 3D printing. Aimed at improving the properties of the material at the monomer level, the treatment has brought about an enormous range of applications. It is a perfect solution for printing functional components with mechanical properties close to those of ABS, while retaining the simple printing and low shrinkage of PLA.
The use of unique additives which modify the polymer structure made it possible to:
- reduce shrinkage noticeably as compared to PLA-based classic materials. It will also allow you to print large-size items,
- improve the adhesion of printed items to build platforms,
- obtain a higher impact resistance of printed items as compared to their equivalents manufactured of ABS,
- retain the high rigidity typical for items manufactured of PLA without admixtures,
- eliminate the brittleness typical for printed items of PLA without admixtures. It also provides for improved adhesion between the material layers applied,
- obtain more matte surfaces as compared to the unmodified PLA,
- perform mechanical treatments of printed items which is difficult or impossible for standard PLA. Thus you may grind, mill, drill, turn printed items,
- eliminate toxic or noxious vapours typical for ABS printing, and exhibit the combined advantages of PLA and ABS, while maintaining full biodegradability.
Due to its characteristics, the filament Spectrum PLA Tough may be used in applications which require a high impact resistance and very low processing shrinkage of items and a high dimensional accuracy.
- excellent alternative for styrene-based materials
- more reliable than ABS for large prints
- higher impact resistance of printed items as compared to their equivalents manufactured of ABS
- good for creating high-resolution parts
- improved layer adhesion
- more matte surfaces as compared to the unmodified PLA
- low warping
- more elastic than standard PLA
VERIFY YOUR SPOOL – the most precise quality control system on the market
Filament for 3D printers is manufactured by the method of free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult processing techniques by extrusion, due to the particularly large impact of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization.
During the production each 1mm of Spectrum Filament is being continuously measured in 2 axis with ±0.8µm accuracy, what allows to obtain a high-quality final product. As a proof of this, Spectrum Filaments has introduced, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, the possibility of presenting online, individually for each manufactured spool:
- the course of diameter on the entire length of the spool,
- mean diameter,
- standard deviation.
Precise survey guarantees that Spectrum Filaments products meet rigorous market requirements.
- functional prototyping
- functional tools
- end-use parts
- manufacturing aids
- custom components
Filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product packed in the original, folied Spectrum Filaments packaging.
|Verify your spool - preview of the diameter course of the entire spool:|
|Hot pad temperature:|
|Spool outer diameter:|
|Spool inner diameter:|