Spectrum Thermoactive PLA is a filament based on pure PLA blended with a thermochromic pigment. Due to this extremely original addition, additive manufactured items change their colour according to the temperature. For Spectrum Thermoactive PLA, the colour changes from red to cream once the surface temperature of the item exceeds 30°C. The previous colour is restored gradually once the item reaches its initial temperature.Go to the webshop
|Printing speed:||40-110 mm/s|
|Verify your spool||YES|
- Thermoactive PLA advantage
- made of biodegradable raw materials
- printing possible without a heated bed
- easy separation of the object from the bed
- the capacity to change colour at the temperature of approx. 30°C
- smooth surface upon printing
- excellent layer lamination
- no shrinkage
- The possibility for the colour to change from red to cream when the surface of the printed item is heated,
- Colour change rate adjustment by modifying the thickness of walls of printed items, and
- Obtain mechanical properties close to those of items made of pure PLA.
- High rigidity,
- Brittleness and low flexibility especially after long-lasting exposure to UV rays, and a low content of volatiles in vapours during processing.