Premium PET-G is a material based on glycol-modified polyethylene terephthalate. Items printed using this material have a high content of the crystalline phase, which allows for the near transparency effect at a small number of outer perimeters of additive manufactured items. A major advantage provided by Premium PET-G are the virtually zero shrinkage rate and low absorption of moisture as compared to other thermoplastics used for FDM/FFF 3D printing.
As regards other properties of Premium PET-G, note the good creep resistance under constant load conditions. It results from the very good cohesion between the layers of the material applied.
|Printing speed||40-120 mm/s|
|Verify your spool - track diameter||YES|
- Key features:
- high transparency as compared to other materials for additive manufacturing
- very good mechanical properties as regards rigidity, hardness and impact resistance
- chemical resistant
- high dimensional accuracy
- combines the advantages of PLA and ABS
- exceptional adhesion between layers
- odour-free printing
- highly durable and resilient
- a food-grade base material
- visual and functional prototyping
- fit testing
- concept models
- manufacturing aids
- manufacturing of semi-transparent enclosures and backlit sections of various boards and signs
- end-use parts
PET-G is also used to manufacture semi-transparent enclosures and backlit sections of various boards and signs. Thus the filament PET-G combines the advantages of PLA and ABS. It also provides for nearly trouble-free printing and exceptional adhesion between layers.