Spectrum HIPS–X is a consumable support material designed for additive manufacturing with the FDM/FFF technology. It is usually used as support for components manufactured with ABS, where HIPS-X supports are dissolved in the citric acid solution (D–Limonene) upon completion of the manufacturing process. Further, you can use Spectrum HIPS–X as a base material for the manufacturing of components which are required to have a reduced processing shrinkage as compared to ABS.
The material shows a high impact and compression resistance. It also enables you to obtain matte surfaces with a reduced layer visibility. Much like ABS, HIPS-X allows for mechanical treatments such as grinding, turning, milling etc. The low hardness of printed items makes it easy to separate material sections with sharp tools.
|Printing speed||40-100 mm/s|
|Verify your spool - track diameter||YES|
- Key features:
- improved aesthetic qualities with the matte surfaces of the printed items
- lower shrinkage rate than classic ABS
- possibility of mechanical treatment (drilling, turning, milling or grinding)
- high impact resistance
- energy absorption and dissipation capabilities
- good for large prints
- fully soluble in D-Limonene
- support material for ABS
- industrial applications which require impact resistant components or components with a capability for partial energy dissipation
- concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products